Believing that all students can learn, the Gateway Success Center family is committed to providing a safe, positive learning atmosphere that will challenge young people to strive for academic and technological excellence to open the door for a successful and productive future. We encourage the development of responsibility, self-reliance, self-respect, and respect for others.
We, the staff of Gateway Success Center, agree to set high expectations for students' success, and recognize various learning styles and teaching methods that will encourage, motivate, and assist students in an educational partnership among students, parents, staff, and community, in order to participate in the decision making process, and to have a safe, warm and positive environment that promotes student, parent and staff interactions conducive to student learning, mental toughness, and a commitment to each other to help meet the social, cultural, and academic needs of our students.
1. Small classes
2. Individual learning plans
3. Learning styles assessed and addressed
4. Counseling (low pupil-counselor ratio)
5. More tactile-kinesthetic (hands on learning by doing) instructions
6. A family atmosphere; however, firm disciplinary action is taken when required
7. We are not a behavioral school